IOM Nigeria is currently implementing its “Promoting Better Management of Migration in Nigeria” (PBMM) programme which is funded by the European Union. IOM’s implementation strategy is broken down into three components: Managing Irregular Migration through Immigration and Border Management, Migration Data, Policy and Labour Migration and Diaspora Mobilization.
IOM also provides pre-consular support services and document verification for New Zealand, Australia and Canada as well as DNA sample collection for family reunification for Canada and Italy.
Currently, IOM Nigeria works in the following activities:
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
Building the capacity of the Government of Nigeria to establish a comprehensive system to collect and disseminate data on internally displaced persons (IDPs)
- Psychosocial Support Programme (PSS)
Promoting psychological well-being for IDPs affected by armed conflict.
Strenghthening the emergency provision of psychosocial support services to conflict-induced displaced populations in camps and host communities.
- Emergency Shelter (ES) and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)
Delivery of shelter and non-food items (NFI) to the most vulnerable populations.
Support to Free Movement of Persons and Migration in West Africa (FMM West Africa)
- Support to free movement of persons and migration in West Africa.
Promoting Better Management of Migration (PBMM) Nigeria
- Enhance the capacity of the Government of Nigeria to manage migration.
Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR)
- Provide assistance to returned migrants to facilitate their socio-economic reintegration in the country of origin.